Call Center Supervisor
Call Center Supervisor (Member Services)
Full-Time w/ Benefits.
The Call Center Supervisor will supervise and direct the day-to-day activities of assigned staff and unit in a call center environment.
Your job duties will include:
• Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Call Center team including handling escalated calls from members and/or providers who wish to speak with a supervisor and availability to answer MSR questions and concerns throughout the day.
• Monitor documentation and timely transfer of complaints and grievances.
• Oversee production of weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports.
• Analyze new or updated regulations, laws and contract language and implement appropriate changes to internal policies, procedures and workflows.
• Perform regular audit and review of service performance and trend reports for the Call Center and develop and implement actions or remedies as necessary to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems as needed.
• In coordination with the Manager, conduct personnel activities that include hiring, disciplinary actions, completing performance evaluations timely, training and continued development of existing staff and other personnel duties as assigned.
• Analyze individual and team performance on a regular basis and provide timely developmental feedback; monitoring training plans and ensure training needs are met and motivate the team.
• Collect, analyze and report on operations information in support of process, system and policy redesign.
• Monitor Call Center activities daily to make adjustments to staff coverage on the call queue to ensure timely handling of calls and non-telephone tasks.
• Ensure compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including ensuring non-exempt staff adhere to rest and meal breaks as scheduled.
• Provide input and assistance on the development and maintenance of training documents and desktop resources that support Call Center operations.
• Regularly meet with Member Services Representatives to review individual performance related to service-level objectives and key performance indicators.
• Regularly meet with management to report the progress of the Call Center Team.
• The Supervisor will be proficient in the duties and responsibilities of a call center representative, and will need to work as a representative from time to time if a need were to arise.
• Perform selection and orientation process for new employees.
• Represent department Unit at internal and external meetings.
• Participate in department and management meetings.
• Participate in external meetings, committees, and coalitions as requested by or approved by Manager.
• Communicate on an on-going basis with other HPSM departments regarding cases requiring additional intervention.
• Handle more difficult member issues, including complaints that may be transferred.
• If applicable, Monitor the CMS Complaint Tracking Module and resolve issues within required timelines.
The following represents the typical way to achieve the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to qualify for this position.
Education and Experience:
• Four (4) years of experience providing customer service in a healthcare setting.
• Experience working with persons with disabilities and/or seniors.
• Previous supervisory experience in a customer service setting or demonstrated leadership success.
• Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Medicare and Medi-Cal programs.
• Managed care.
• Medical terminology.
• Phone systems and call documentation systems highly preferred.
• Supervisory principles and practices as well as techniques and methods to organize and manage direct reports.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Work as part of a team and support team decisions.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks
• Supervise and motivate staff.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Make presentations.
• Analyze issues and resolve problems with minimal guidance.
• Demonstrate PC skills and experience with the range of Microsoft Office products preferred.
• Work weekends and outside regular business hours.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting Compensation Range: Depending on Experience
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); 457(b) plan; holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health Plan of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Position Description »