Business Object Developer
The analytics analyst /developer will be responsible for full report delivery cycles; including requirements analysis, report design, data design, and report development and delivery. In this delivery cycle, the analytics analyst /developer will take ownership of requirements development, partner with position’s manager, clinicians, administrative staff, business analysts, and other colleagues, and answer ad hoc questions regarding reporting and data warehouse content as well as any other related institutional needs. The analyst / developer will become a content expert in the institution’s reporting sources (i.e. data warehouse and Epic clarity) and a technical expert in Business Objects and SQL.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Administration, Health Sciences, or other equivalent degree equivalent work experience is required. Candidates must have either three or more years of healthcare data experience or SQL reporting experience as detailed below. – For healthcare data candidates, the following is required: Works with Analytics Management and Report Developers to identify and develop appropriate solutions for various reporting needs.
– Serves as a member of cross-functional teams to achieve goals of BI and IT projects, including work plans, system design, and testing of solutions.
– Responsible for building and maintaining Epic reports, BI tools, creating and validating design specifications for new reporting solutions, supporting data extracts and data modeling and participating in data governance activities.
– Works with subject matter experts and report developers to design specifications for custom report requests.
– Responsible partnering with Report Developers for configuration, design and implementation of Slicer Dicer data models and custom filters per end user request.
– Creates Epic reporting content (Reporting Workbench reports and templates, Crystal Reports, Radar, Tableau, and SAP Web Intelligence).
– Creates reports to display Clarity and Caboodle data.
– Writes SQL and configures Radar settings for custom SQL metrics.
– Distributes Clarity and Caboodle reports to report consumers.
– Reviews upgrade documentation related to Clarity and Caboodle features and determines how to implement report changes.
– BIDs might also be responsible for building and maintaining:
– SAP Universes
– Slicer Dicer custom filters
– Third-party BI tools
– Perform independent audits and reviews and validate BI artifacts (stored procedures, queries, reports, universes, etc.) to ensure data integrity.
– Develops dynamic data discovery and visualization analytics environments.
– Read and interpret conceptual, logical, and physical models to include context, data flow, process flow, logical diagrams, and data dictionaries. Reads and interprets design documents.
– Write, validate, and execute test plans for solutions, applications, and/or operating systems.
– Work collaboratively with staff and reporting officials to resolve data discrepancies and/or to clarify reporting procedures.
– Review peer reports and or data model concepts for validity and compliance with appropriate team standards.