Business Development Director
Apply on line at http://www.alohacare.org/Careers/Default.aspx
AlohaCare is a local, non-profit health plan serving the Medicaid and Medicare dual eligible population. We provide comprehensive managed care to qualifying health plan members through well-established partnerships with quality health care providers and community-governed health centers. Our mission is to serve individuals and communities in the true spirit of aloha by ensuring and advocating access to quality health care for all. This is accomplished with emphasis on prevention and primary care through community health centers that founded us and continue to guide us as well as with others that share our commitment. As Hawaii’s third-largest health plan, AlohaCare offers comprehensive prevention, primary and specialty care coverage in order to successfully build a healthy Hawaii.
AlohaCare employees share a passion for helping Hawaii’s most underserved communities. This passion for helping and caring for others is internalized and applied to our employees through a supportive and positive work environment, healthy work/life balance, continuous communication and a generous benefits package.
AlohaCare’s leadership empowers and engages its employees through frequent diversity, recognition, community, and educational events and programs. AlohaCare has a strong commitment to support Hawaii’s families and reinforces a healthy work/home balance for its employees. Because AlohaCare values honesty, respect and trust with both our internal and external customers, we encourage open-door, two-way communication through daily interactions, employee events and quarterly all-staff meetings. AlohaCare’s comprehensive benefits package includes low cost medical, dental, drug and vision insurance, PTO program, 401k employer contribution, referral bonus and pretax transportation and parking program.
These employee-focused efforts contribute to a friendly, team-oriented culture which is positively reflected into the communities we serve.
AlohaCare is looking for a Director to be a key member of the Office of the CEO. The Business Development Director has primary responsibility for proactively generating and promoting new business opportunities and products/services for AlohaCare in support of strategic priorities. This individual will play a critical role in executing AlohaCare’s mission by working with partners and internal cross-functional teams to develop long-term business models aligned for mutual success, and driving growth through new product development and strategic partnerships. Reporting to the CEO, the Director will play a foundational role in our growth strategy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the process of identifying, evaluating, and proposing new strategic business opportunities and products/services for AlohaCare in partnership with the CEO, Executive Council, and the Board of Directors.
• Maintain intelligence of market and regulatory conditions and competitive environment that may disrupt product and service offerings and/or create opportunities for growth.
• Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them that engender the AlohaCare mission, positive financial returns, and speed in execution of targeted priorities.
• Develop innovative partnership structures with new and existing partners that align economic, operational, and clinical outcomes for long-term mutual success.
• Oversee development of responses to RFIs, RFPs, and applications for new government funded business ventures.
• Author internal business plans, executive/stakeholder presentations, and scope of work documents for partnerships.
• Work closely with CFO on ROI evaluation, financial bids for competitive procurements, and implementation budgets.
• Lead Executive Council annual business planning process.
• Supervise Project Manager in overseeing executive dashboards, detailed work plans, and ensuring projects stay on course throughout life-cycle.
• Responsible to maintain AlohaCare’s confidential information in accordance with AlohaCare policies, and state and federal laws, rules and regulations regarding confidentiality. Employees have access to AlohaCare data based on the data classification assigned to this job title.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field that includes quantitative coursework.
• 5-7 years of experience in management consulting, corporate development, product development, or strategic planning.
• Demonstrated success with engaging an array of community stakeholders.
• In-depth working knowledge of publicly funded health programs.
• Financial/analytical skills: strong quantitative background; knowledge of financial statements; ability to create financial and operational models.
• Communication skills: ability to research, synthesize, and concisely convey business plans, analysis, and strategies; high energy and ability to thrive in environment with multiple competing priorities and stakeholders.
• Presentation skills: comfortable assembling detailed analysis and comprehensive strategic rationale in PowerPoint and presenting to internal/external executive and community partners.
• Management skills: able to drive multiple pieces of work forward simultaneously; able to effectively coach and mentor team members; identifies and engages third parties (consultants, lobbyists, etc.) as needed in support of assessment and development efforts.
• Commitment to innovative thought, strategic thinking, and making a difference.
• Demonstrated listening skills and aptitude for identifying common ground/opportunity.
• Self-starter with ability to think, work, and problem solve with limited direction.
• Extremely proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Willingness to travel (up to 25% of time).
• Established CMS and State Medicaid Agency relationships
• Prior work in Hawaii market
Mental, Physical and Environmental Demands:
• Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• Inside working conditions
• No environmental hazards
• Requires operation of general office equipment to include PC
AlohaCare is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants in accordance with sound practices and federal and state laws. Our policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, credit history, citizenship status, military/veterans status, or other characteristics protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders.Position Description »