Budgeting and Reporting Manager
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 410,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties.
The Alliance works in partnership with our contracted providers to promote prevention, early detection and effective treatment, and improve access to quality health care for those we serve. This results in the delivery of innovative community-based health care services, better medical outcomes and cost savings.
We are 500-ish employees who are all working towards our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities by living out our values of Equity, Integrity, Improvement and Collaboration in the pursuit of our mission of accessible, quality health care guided by local innovation.
We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Budgeting and Reporting Manager in the Accounting Department.
This position is available in any of our three office locations: Merced, Salinas or Scotts Valley or remotely within California.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Accounting Director, you will:
• Manage and lead the Budgeting and Reporting Unit, act as a subject matter expert, and provide guidance on unit functions and departmental operations
• Administer and monitor internal fiscal control procedures to ensure financial viability of Alliance Programs
• Participate in the planning and implementation of the Budgeting and Reporting Unit operational goals related to the growth and development of Alliance business operations
• Manage, supervise, mentor and train assigned staff
ABOUT THE TEAM
We oversee the overall fiscal management of the Alliance; which includes ensuring compliance with current budget and spending policies, and proposing improved policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost savings, cost allocation, and annual planning.
As a team, we are committed professionals who are passionate about the work we do. Our process is detail-oriented, high volume and fast-paced. We work in a supportive, collegial environment that promotes professional growth and success, embraces challenges, celebrates accomplishments and is fun.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Be a skilled, hands-on leader with strong budgeting and reporting experience
• Be adept at moving the work forward, managing priorities and deadlines while maintaining commitment to accountability and results
• Be collaborative and a true team player, with strength in mentoring teams
• Approach your work always taking in to account the bigger picture of the organization, and use this approach while developing and improving processes
• Be highly organized and thrive in a fast-paced environment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements please visit our website
o Principles and practices of accounting, budgeting and financial statements
o Methods and techniques of research, analysis and reporting
o financial planning and analysis
o Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
o Financial analytical and complex abstract reasoning concepts
o Advanced audit techniques and standards
o Act as a technical resource and explain regulations, processes, and programs related to area of assignment
o Manage, supervise, mentor, train, and evaluate the work of staff, promote an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation, and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives
o Develop work plans and workflows and organize and prioritize unit activities
o Foster effective working relationships, influence others, and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization
o Demonstrate a collaborative management style, build rapport, and effectively manage internal and external business relationships
Education and Experience:
o Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or a related field and a minimum of six years of experience performing accounting, budgeting, and forecasting which included some lead or supervisory responsibility (a Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
• While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in hybrid remote/in-office work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
• Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
• Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: At this time, this position requires vaccination or regular testing upon office entry. Fully vaccinated and boosted is defined as receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (ex: Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receipt of a single-dose vaccine (ex: Johnson & Johnson); AND receipt of the booster (if eligible); AND a 2-week period having passed since the administration of the last vaccine dose. If you state that you are vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be submitted at time of hire.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Ample Paid Time Off
• 11 Paid Holidays per year
• 401(a) Retirement Plan
• 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• Robust Health and Wellness Program
• Onsite EV Charging Stations
• And many more
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.