Associate Medical Director – Transgender Health
Amida Care is a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote, and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
The Assoc. Medical Director – Transgender Health provides subject manner expertise to the CMO and Vice President of Clinical Services and Programs in the clinical leadership and oversight of the transgender health program The Associate Medical Director -Transgender Health helps shape company-wide transgender health clinical strategies to ensure that company standards and practices are the best achievable in the marketplace.
Essential functions are job duties and responsibilities that must be performed to accomplish the purpose/ goals of the job.
• Provides expertise guidance to the CMO and VP of Clinical Services and Programs in providing clinical leadership to Gender Affirming Surgery Utilization Management.
• Provide transgender health expertise to the Gender Identity Support Team (GIST), Care Coordination and Quality Management programs
• Develops along with the CMO and VP of Clinical Services and Programs, clinical guidelines to assist in utilization management of gender affirming services
• Consult with providers on referrals, denials and complaints as needed.
• Assist in formulation of transgender health medical management and quality policies and guidelines. Provide clinical leadership to the administration of these policies and ensure they are reflected in electronic systems and understood by affected departments.
• Participate in research and grant opportunities.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Nurse Practitioner or similar degree
• Five (5) years’ experience in a transgender health; only candidates with the experience and background needed for this work will be considered
• Strong business acumen, including working knowledge of changing U.S. payer and provider landscape.
• Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.