Associate Medical Director – Transgender Health
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit [webpage] for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Associate Medical Director – Transgender Health. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The Assoc. Medical Director – Transgender Health provides subject manner expertise to the Chief Medical Officer-CMO and Vice President of Clinical Services and Programs in the clinical leadership and oversight of the transgender health program The Associate Medical Director -Transgender Health helps shape company-wide transgender health clinical strategies to ensure that company standards and practices are the best achievable in the marketplace.
• Provides expertise guidance to the CMO and VP of Clinical Services and Programs in providing clinical leadership to Gender Affirming Surgery Utilization Management.
• Provide transgender health expertise to the Gender Identity Support Team (GIST), Care Coordination and Quality Management programs
• Develops along with the CMO and VP of Clinical Services and Programs, clinical guidelines to assist in utilization management of gender affirming services
• Consult with providers on referrals, denials and complaints as needed.
• Assist in formulation of transgender health medical management and quality policies and guidelines. Provide clinical leadership to the administration of these policies and ensure they are reflected in electronic systems and understood by affected departments.
• Participate in research and grant opportunities.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• MD, Nurse Practitioner or similar degree
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Five (5) years’ experience in a transgender health; only candidates with the experience and background needed for this work will be considered.
• Strong business acumen, including working knowledge of changing U.S. payer and provider landscape.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs and attitudes with colleagues and all contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission and values.