Assistant Director of Network Operations
The Assistant Director of Network Operations is responsible for oversight of day-to-day operations of the Provider Network Operations staff within; including, but not limited to, daily coordination of work load with staff, performance management, and higher level support and guidance with provider relations issues and/or inquiries. This position develops, plans, and manages and oversees the production of timely and accurate provider data reporting and communications.
The Assistant Director sets goals for the area and works closely with his/her Provider Relations teams as well as other areas of the organization (e.g., IT/data and Claims Oversight, Health Services, Member Services), in an coordinated, collaborative, and integrated way, to drive performance and to ensure provider satisfaction metrics are met or exceeded.
Essential functions are job duties and responsibilities that must be performed to accomplish the purpose/ goals of the job.
• Develops and executes strategic initiatives and programs to enhance existing functions and develop new ones in support of corporate initiatives and requirements.
• Directs and oversees the network assigned field staff on a day to day basis.
• Works closely with all departments and the Senior Director to coordinate the performance of all staff and to oversee the quality of services delivered to community partners.
• Helps develop and implement action plans to help improve performance.
• Monitors the analyses, projects, training/education and initiatives of the Network Operations staff.
• Manages the relationship between and top-level administrators at each assigned network facility (including senior facility executives and clinical level directors).
• Negotiating improvement goals, assisting in the development (and in some cases in the implementation of) improvement plans, and routinely reviewing progress on those plans with facilities.
• Coordinates the relationships between facilities/sites in each network, coordinating events with the community/government agency offices within the network, etc.
• Establishes plans of action, allocation of staffing resources, scheduling, etc., to ensure operational efficiency consistent with corporate and departmental goals.
• Ensures adherence to all legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Conducts special projects including business analyses, strategic planning, and implementation efforts on new business acquisitions and changing corporate requirements.
• Coordinates and supervises operational analyses and implementation support on major workflow and activity modifications.
• Implements changes for operational methods, procedures, policies and workflows affecting the assigned network staff.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Master’s Degree, with a specialization in Hospital Administration, Health Care Administration, Administrative Medicine or in Public Health when conferred for a program in Hospital Administration from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination education and related work experience in related required.
• Five years’ demonstrated high-level experience in Provider Network Operations in a health-plan setting.
• Knowledge of managed care provider contracting and network management.
• Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of hospital organization, administration and standards, regulations and laws applicable to hospital operations, knowledge of business and human resources administration principles, management functions, management processes and functions of hospital departments.
• Demonstrated ability to direct and supervise personnel.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
Amida Care is a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote, and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.Position Description »