Administrative Assistant to the CEO
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit [webpage] for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Senior Director of Provider Relations. This position will be a member of the senior management team. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The Administrative Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including, but no limited to: managing an active calendar of appointments, meetings and travel; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas; and tracking and compiling expense reports. He/she serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies and, in conjunction with the Director of Administration, as liaison to the board of directors and senior management team. The accountabilities of this position are generally performed under deadline and volume pressure and frequently involve handling a wide variety of confidential matters with discretion.
– Work closely and effectively with the CEO and the Director of Administration to ensure understanding of priorities and expectations.
– Oversee the CEO’s calendar of work appointments, meetings, travel, etc., providing meeting prep materials and keeping CEO meetings on time and minimizing interruptions and delays. Ensure conflict-free melding between the CEO’s work and personal schedules.
– With assistance from the Director of Administration, prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follow through on projects to successful completion.
– Serve as a research resource when senior management is unavailable and the CEO or a stakeholder requires an explanation of or resolution to an issue. Take accountability for following up through conclusion on research/service items.
– Receive and screen visitors and incoming calls and determine priority and proper venue for resolution. – Resolve items not requiring direct CEO involvement, and alert CEO to urgent matters of significance.
Arrange detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compile, and maintain travel records, vouchers and expense reporting; and compile documents for travel related meetings.
– Oversee inbound and outbound paper flow through the CEO’s office. Maintain electronic and paper files for correspondence, corporate business, approvals, records of meetings/discussions, etc.
– Take and transcribe dictation on confidential and technical matters from the CEO.
– In conjunction with the Director of Administration, prepare reports/presentations for delivery by the CEO to the Board of Directors, government officials, the executive or senior teams, the Amida Care staff and other key stakeholders.
– In conjunction with the Director of Administration, assemble and prepare meeting agendas, with CEO review and preparation, for executive team and senior management team meetings.
– Answer executive management telephones and oversee the executive management office, including corporate files, schedules, and supplies/equipment.
– Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO. Ensure CEO correspondence is in final form and ready to send when delivered for CEO signature.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
– Five years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
– Demonstrate ability to work independently and to know when to seek support.
– Demonstrate ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including: staff, board members and external partners.
– Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Demonstrate strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
– Exhibit proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision making capability.
– Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook) and other Media web platforms.
– Demonstrate evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
– Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
– Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.