Christopher Palmieri Re-Elected as Chair of ACAP Board of Directors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 12, 2022
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Jeff Van Ness, (202) 204-7515, firstname.lastname@example.org
CHRISTOPHER PALMIERI RE-ELECTED AS CHAIR OF ACAP BOARD OF DIRECTORS
BOSTON—The Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP) today announced that Christopher D. Palmieri, President and Chief Executive Officer of Commonwealth Care Alliance, has been re-elected as Chair of ACAP’s Board of Directors.
Mr. Palmieri will serve through calendar year 2024.
“Chris is the kind of leader who doesn’t just set audacious goals, but has the vision and know-how to see and describe the pathway to achieve them,” said ACAP CEO Margaret A. Murray. “We look forward to his leadership for the next two years.”
“I’m grateful to ACAP’s membership for an opportunity to further serve,” said Palmieri. “Safety Net Health Plans face a number of upcoming challenges – including navigating of the end of the COVID-19 public health emergency, better meeting the health-related social needs of people who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid, and reimagining how we do things to assure that we deliver coverage and care equitably to all our members. I look forward to working with my fellow Safety Net Health Plans to confront these challenges head-on.”
Also elected to ACAP’s Board of Directors were:
- Leanne Berge, CEO, Community Health Plan of Washington, Vice Chair;
- Kathy Pettway, Senior Director, Priority Partners, Treasurer;
- Eric Hunter, CEO, CareOregon, Secretary;
- Michael Schrader, CEO, Health Plan of San Joaquin, Medicaid Policy Committee Chair ;
- Mark Rakowski, President, Chorus Community Health Plans, Quality and Operations Committee Chair;
- Hany Abdelaal, President, VNSNY CHOICE Health Plans, Medicare and MLTSS Committee Chair;
- Peter Marino, CEO, Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island, Marketplace Policy Committee Chair; and
- Chad Westover, CEO, University of Utah Health Plans, Strategic Communications Committee Chair.
The officers join ACAP at-large Board members Linda Hines, Medicaid Plan President, Virginia Premier Health Plan; and Doug Wirth, CEO, Amida Care; as well as ex-officio Board Member John Lovelace of UPMC for You.
Learn more about ACAP’s Board of Directors and Membership Council at communityplans.net.
ACAP represents 74 health plans, which collectively provide health coverage to more than 20 million people. Safety Net Health Plans serve their members through Medicaid, Medicare, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), the Marketplace and other publicly-sponsored health programs. For more information, visit www.communityplans.net.
# # #